Lately I’ve been working with the new version of BusinessObjects, BI4. In a previous post I already covered a bit on the migration process from XI 3.1 to the BI4 platform. From there, most of my attention has gone to working with Web Intelligence. Soon I encountered a problem with charts not showing up, or displaying red crosses. After some research I found it had something to do with a failing Adaptive Processing Server. I installed patch 8 which did not solve the problem, and then patch 9 which also did not solve the problem.
Ultimately I removed some services from the AdaptiveProcessingServer which solved my problem. In this post I’ll explain what I did en how to do it.