I’ve been working on a test-upgrade from BO XI 3.1 to SAP BO4. Here’s what I did, and my findings so far. I haven’t tested the outcomes thoroughly yet, so I might miss some flaws, and I might accuse some errors to the upgrade process while they might be caused by some other factor(s).
What did I do?
Stop all BO servers, except the CMS, Input and Output server.
Start the upgrade management tool on the new BO4 system:
Select the type of upgrade. I did the complete upgrade.
Fill out logon credentials for both systems.
Enter Base_URL for QaaWS. I did no testing with QaaWS yet, and I do not know whether the URL provided by me is correct.
BO is retrieving objects from the source system.
2 Folders failed and 43 (all) DataDiscovery objects failed:
I tried the incremental upgrade as well, obviously the wizard lets you choose the objects for upgrade:
My findings with migrated objects
Objects that were standard on the filter bar disappeared after the upgrade.
Layout screw ups:
Links to other webi documents no longer work:
I encountered some other errors during developing / using BO4. Like I said before; I did not yet investigate these thoroughly so I can’t pinpoint the problems related to these.